How to Wrap a Present Like a Pro:
It took me a while to figure out this neat trick. I used to hate wrapping gifts, but now I really look forward to it. At this point, I can grab any box or odd present and wrap it in seconds. Watch the video on how to wrap a present below and go through the instructions to really get the method down. You’ll be tempted to re-wrap your gifts!
- Prep your tools: Wrapping paper, scissors, tape and ribbon. Any additional decorations are always welcome!
- Roll out your wrapping paper and line up the corner and edges of the box to the corner of the paper.
- Roll your present up, or across, (whichever can cover the full length of the technique) the edge of the paper three more times. Four sides of the present should have touched the roll of wrapping paper. Make a mark on the paper at the end, with about an inch to spare.
- From the lined up edge, roll the present over once to the side. Make a mark.
- Extend the marks up until they intersect. Cut out the shape.
- Place the present in the middle and fold the long sides over so they overlap about an inch (remember that extra inch from step 3?). Tape in the middle.
- Fold the overhanging edges by folding down top paper and pressing down to make half triangles on each side. Fold the triangles in, and fold the bottom flap up. Tape to secure.
- If you’re having trouble with the written directions, the video below will clear everything up for you: