Bikini season is fast approaching! It’s hard enough to keep bloat down, let alone boost basal metabolic rate, but apple cider vinegar proves it can do both. Unlike regular distilled vinegar, which doesn’t hold much weight in the nutritional department, apple cider vinegar is jam packed with goodies:
“…Pectin; vitamins B1, B2, and B6; biotin; folic acid; niacin; pantothenic acid; and vitamin C. It also contains small amounts of the minerals sodium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium. Apple cider vinegar can also contain significant quantities of acetic acid and citric acid…”
- When taken with water before meals, the pectin aids in keeping satiety levels longer after the meal is over.
- The enzymes in apple cider vinegar keep blood sugar levels from spiking, resulting in stable choices in snacks and meals.
- It keeps body pH balanced (even after an overload of caffeine, sugar, or alcohol) resulting in increased energy levels.
- The potassium in apple cider vinegar counteracts the excessive sodium in the body, aiding in reducing water weight and de-bloating.
- Apple Cider Vinegar boasts the ability to reduce acid reflux.
A downside is that when taken alone it doesn’t have the greatest taste! Mix up a delicious apple cider vinegar drink in the morning or 30 minutes before your next meal to start aiding your digestive system and getting rid of the bloat sooner than later:
Metabolism Boosting Anti-Bloat Apple Cider Vinegar Refresher
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
12 oz water (or cold brewed herbal or green tea for added benefits)
squeeze of lemon
squirt of liquid stevia (to taste- can be omitted or substituted with 1 tsp honey)
Mix ingredients together and enjoy 3 times a day!