Is it me or is this fashion month feeling longer than usual? It might be due to the fact that I participated in NYFW a lot more this season. Seems like that happened ages ago, but we’re still eagerly awaiting Paris shows!
It’s really fascinating how each fashion week’s respective city has its own unique trends. Some of these trends seem to be universal. An example is the fab use of romantic lace. Paris is chock-full of it! Stripes, micro-pleats, and raw edges are something you can also carry through on your travels within the NYC-London-Milan-Paris circuit. Otherwise, there are certain trends which may dominate certain markets more than others.
As far as Milan, it’s all about:
- Behind Bars: The stripe game was strong at NYFW and LFW, and continues to dominate in Milan. Check Out: Arthur Arbesser, Max Mara, Stella Jean, Dolce & Gabbana, Antonio Marras
- Colorful Suits: The two-piece got a makeover with cozy prints and wild colors. Check Out: Arthur Arbesser, Bottega Veneta, Max Mara, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani
- Frilly Underthings: Boudoir’s regular game, like lacy slips and cute bralettes are on show as highlights. Check Out: Gucci, Alberta Ferretti, Dolce & Gabbana, Francesco Scognamiglio
- Knot Game: Loose ends get tied up and knotted. Check Out: Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Marni, Versace, Costume National
- Silver Lining: Silver shimmering looks showed up on multiple runways, glimmering with movement. Check Out: Costume National, Phillip Plein, Genny, Aquilano.Rimondi, Costume National, Emilio Pucci, Iceberg, Moschino
- Beachy Vibes: The sea-side served as inspiration for a number of designers. Check Out: Emilio Pucci, DSquared2, Max Mara, Sportmax